Saturday, September 19, 2009

Management party

I'm glad it's Friday and I can just relax from all the insanity.
Now that I'm at a different desk, I've been getting Target calls all the time, and there's more demand for me doing e-mails. I'm not complaining. Doing e-mails makes my day simpler because they can't talk back immediately. I basically did that for half the day.
For some reason, all the managers and team leads were in a meeting in the lunch room every day I went there. There was lots of food but I knew it wasn't for me. For reasons unexplained, they had a light-up Christmas tree on a table behind them. Not sure what that was about, but management was generally unavailable today.
Anyways, lots of crappy things happened when I got back on the phone, one of them being a guy wanting a discontinued Ipod delivered at an impossible speed. I told him I couldn't do that because we don't have it anymore, so he wanted a store credit, which I also couldn't do, then he asked for a refund. The catch was that we refund the method of payment and he used a giftcard he'd thrown out. So I filled out a form in my computer but I'm not sure it will work because it's not an order for a giftcard, it's an order placed with a giftcard. I requested to have the card deactivated and his credit card refunded, but I'm willing to bet money the stupid giftcard department will screw this up. I guess he won't be my problem anymore, though.
Another thing that sucked was this Mexican lady wanting items that were lost in the mail. It would have been simple to remedy but the system said something stupid like the billing address and shipping address don't coincide, which is illogical because they were the same ones that were used on the order. It's not like I was trying to send a replacement to a new address. It was the same friggin' address she put on the order. Horrible. I told her I'd try to get a team lead to fix it and e-mail her about a refund if I couldn't. Team lead couldn't do it, so she got a refund.
The rest of the calls were okay, I guess. I screwed up on a call because I was trying to notate an account and this lady starts rattling off her problem and I didn't get a word of it. Luckily she didn't notice how completely she'd been ignored, and, like a good little employee (good by my company's standards), I filled out two of those super complicated, pain in the ass calltag forms while I put her on hold instead of doing it while she was off the phone like I used to do them. Ideally, I should be able to fill out this form with the complexity of an IRS 1040 form while having a brilliant conversation with the woman and selling more things to her, but I'm not that wonderful, so hold prevents me from getting marked down for dead air.
For most the day I was slammed with Target calls. The only thing I could do between calls is mess with HSX because it's not important and I can pay full attention to the customer while messing with my stocks. For the most part I only had 30 seconds to breathe before the next call came in. Insane, but I suppose it's ordinary in comparison to what I've been doing.
I think I refunded and replaced stuff a lot more than I should have, but it served the purpose of greasing the wheels of the phone queue and made the day go by smoother.
Not much else of interest to report.

No comments: