Thursday, September 17, 2009

At the station

I didn't know what time it was because my watch was coated in filth and she'd taken it somewhere.
I thought about how it was that we got to Jupiter so fast, but since I had difficulty believing we were in space, I figured a better question to ask was how she managed to get everything to float, and if we were inside an airplane flying around in the atmosphere somewhere.
She asked me what I thought I was seeing and I said probably something like they have at Epcot Center. She asked me what I saw in the "septic system" and I said you can find some pretty horrible stuff in the Amazon jungle or under the ocean and they could have been from there or outer space. That made her laugh.
I told her I wouldn't believe we were in space until I actually took a space walk or stuck my head out an airlock. She said it could be arranged, but not at that moment.
We went back to the entrance and watched cable.
A quarter of the way through a movie, I heard this klaxon sound and she went to the room at the end of the hall. I followed her, watching as she made noises at someone on an intercom.
A big bug shaped object came into view, and we slowly drifted towards it. Jupiter, in the meantime, just kept getting bigger and bigger.
I was floating, so it didn't tire me to just "stand" there for ten minutes. We approached the object, then sort of passed to one side of it. The thing was all metallic, and sort of blocky. Kind of surprising, considering I was in a big sea cucumber thing with rubbery skin.
I heard some hissing sounds and she said "we're here."
Wow. This was a lot longer than I really intended, but it really can't be helped. A lot of weird things happened to me all at once in the course of only a few short days. Nobody will understand them if I don't at least try to explain it a little. And I do mean a little. I skipped over the boring parts, and I've forgotten some things between then and now so this is only an approximate description of what happened to me. I'll go into greater detail about some other things if I have time and remember them.
I'll write a post about what happened on the station tomorrow or something.

No comments: