Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kindergarten

I went to kindergarten at Our Savior Lutheran School in Kansas City Kansas. I have fond memories of the green enclosure on the northwest end. Lois Vogel had us plant a garden out there. There were rows of boxes framed in railroad ties and we planted some sprig of a plant in there. She probably watered and took care of them while we were gone, because I don't have much of any memory of tending plants. Or maybe some other kid took care of it, not me. So I don't remember tending them, but I do remember there being tall sunflower plants alongside the building, before, or perhaps with a bit of imagining, after we planted them. I remember the big yellow fabric thing with the rainbow of stripes on it. We kids would grab an end and whirl and lift it around, making it swell with air in the center like a mushroom. There was a chain link fence, but nobody wanted to scale it. Everyone was having a great time inside.

No comments: