Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Such a waste

Back to my story about what happened that Saturday a week and a half ago.
We're on the sofa, watching the "cable" thing, and she asks me what I want for lunch.
"Actually," I told her. "I brought something. How do I get my stuff out of that compartment?"
And then she giggles and says I'd have to go into the crawl space behind her bedroom and fish it out of the septic system.
Obviously, I wasn't happy. I cussed her out and told her that food costs money and there's poor people living in third world nations who would have killed to have that food. Her response was I was welcome to fish it out of her sewer and that she couldn't stomach the smell of earth food.
I told her that not everything can withstand ammonia and excrement. I said I put bread and spaghetti in there and it's not like a tin can where you can just wipe it off and not have it stink. I cussed some more and when she said it wasn't Christian I threatened to beat her up since the bible didn't say anything about it being a sin to physically assault a space alien.
When I began to think more clearly I told her that if she were a Christian she'd at least care a little something for the poor and wouldn't go about wasting food. She responds to that by saying I'm the one that put it there. At that point I screamed at her about how I wouldn't have if she had told me what I was doing instead of lying and playing like it was a storage compartment. Then I demanded to know where the crawl space was.
She led me back through the hallway, to the room with the bed that looked like a jellyfish, and into a narrow corridor off to one side of the room. I guess she could tell I was angry because she didn't try anything, she just pulled a panel off the wall and opened a fleshy partition, gesturing to it.
I looked in. What I saw was a narrow passage with slick slimy walls of that fleshy stuff. About three feet below the hole I could see a flat area leading into a dark tunnel.
I stared into there for more than a couple minutes, trying to figure out what to do. I'm claustrophobic, it didn't look too big, and the air didn't seem too fresh. In fact, there was a smell coming out of there that made my stomach ill. I looked at Sigma and she gave me this expression like it wasn't worth it.
Neither option looked that good. I could either dive down into the hole, get all smelly, and possibly get sealed up inside there forever, or I could give up and let her serve me hairy bug legs with eyes on them, being that I got a new "liver" or something now. Option A would be disgusting, possibly fatal. Option B meant playing straight into her hands, letting her taking advantage of me, and losing money.
More about this in the next post.

No comments: