Sunday, May 1, 2022

Grocery quest

 I couldn't find good kimchi at the roeland park price chopper, just a really bitter tasting one. It's not at the Walmart neighborhood market either. Or hivee. Guess it's either going to be at a health food store or direct from the Korean market on Shawnee mission parkway. 

When I asked a grocer at hivee about kimchi, she didn't know what I was talking about. After explaining it was pickled cabbage, she directed me to the pickle aisle. If they keep it there, they don't respect good kimchi. When I asked the guy behind the sushi desk for kimchi, he just laughed and said no.

I actually found tofu crumbles at hivee. It wasn't at Walmart or price chopper. And only hivee has powdered Gatorade.

Am I vegan? No, just lazy. We can put a man on the moon, and have access to all the world's information by pressing a button on your phone, but you can't go to the grocery store and buy a package of packaged precooked crumbled beef.

No comments: