Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stranded

Monday came and I was still stuck there.
I was fed up and frustrated and wanted to go home. I climbed up to Sigma, demanding that she get me out of there. I couldn't really stomp up to her since I was floating, but I wanted to.
She just told me to relax, and that the ship would arrive that evening. I told her I'd expected it Saturday and Sunday, but she said she never made that promise, but that it definitely would show up that evening. She didn't know exactly when.
So I waited.
I went about my usual duties.
At lunch, I asked Minda about the ship. She said it would arrive that evening.
I asked her if she had anything like a sabbath on her planet and she said yes, it was just different in space, especially with so many out sick. She said there was normally someone there to relieve you so that you can rest and do whatever while other people work. It sounded like a factory schedule to me.
I had nothing but clothing calls that day. The end of my shift came and no spaceship.
In the call center, in front of Jupiter, Minda taught me a song from her religion, and translated it for me. I still wasn't comfortable singing it, so I modified it with my own words about Jesus and sang it that way.
She seemed a bit offended at first, but then she started singing it with me, and Sigma joined in.
After that, we played a modified version of that game with the scoops, worked out on the exercise equipment, then watched cable in the break room.
While we were sitting there, Minda asked me if I meant all that stuff I said to her a couple nights ago.
I asked her what I said, and she said I told her about my feelings for her, how I found her physically attractive and might even love her in more than the agape sense.
I told her I was drunk, but I said I kinda did like her a lot.
So then she's snuggling up close and wrapping her tail around me. We just watched TV, with her purring on my shoulder.
After awhile, we played some alien board games, then I went to my own bed. Minda asked me if she could lay beside me, but I said it wouldn't be a good idea, and besides the bed is too small, so that was that.

No comments: