Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fruit juice

Saturday came. No sign of the ship yet.
I had worked 48 hours total (and probably more due to training), but I was asked, or rather told, to work more. I got the news at breakfast. I had to change into my uniform and then go back to work. I wondered if these Abreyas had labor unions, but I figured I'd deal with that issue later. I had a call about malfunctioning spaceship appliances that turned out pretty well, a store search for a special vest made of Grunkiahu leather, whatever that is, and a call about the account system that got a little crazy. I guess someone hacked the system and took his money or something. I transferred him to the appropriate department. I got another call about accounts, but it wasn't about fraud that time. Then I had some other stuff, and a call about pre-ordering that led to a supervisor transfer (I didn't have the information, and he'd bought a Dogos package before that I guess didn't work out so well).
I went to lunch and asked Minda about the Wodov, but she didn't know when he'd be there, and that she'd keep watching while Sigma was gone.
I got a little distracted watching cable and logged into the phones late, but nobody said anything. I took more calls.
I got off the phone and went to the break room to watch TV. As I'm sitting there, Sigma and Minda come in and sit down on either side of me, and I'm offered a beverage. I asked what it was and they said "fruit juice," so I had some. It tasted good, so I drank more.
I wasn't sure what happened next, but when I woke up, I was in one of the beds, I was wearing that gray dress, and my head hurt. I surmised that I had ingested something alcoholic, but that was all I knew.

No comments: