Friday, May 6, 2022

The blandishments of the world

I've had a few heartbreaking disappointments in my life. As a kid, I tried to get into Nintendo, and do comics for Boy's Life, but received rejection letters.
I got an art degree from UMKC, but it didn't give me an art job. I got a prepress certificate, but I only worked in the field a few months before getting let go and never finding work there again.
When Avatar came out, though, I lost all the joy in my life. 
I'd spent years working on a novel that contained a similar concept, and here's a movie that stole my thunder, making me look like I got the whole idea for the novel from watching the movie.
I was utterly crushed. I decided that I wasn't cut out for the entertainment field, and I should get a real job.
It turns out God was protecting me this whole time, by making me blind to the flaws in my novel, making me give up when I incorrectly assumed James Cameron stole my idea, making me afraid of being called unoriginal.
Why is this protection? Because God knew that if I became famous, I would be like everyone else, making stuff that pleases man, but doesn't please God.
If I had become famous, I would have had to cater to the whims of the gay and lesbian community, like every movie and TV show on the market today. 
Even if I got a job in the art field, like graphic design, I would have had to please gay people. I'd have to tell them their lifestyle is okay and even advertise it.
I don't hate gay people. I care for them, but I also care for serial killers and the people who break into my apartment. Am I just supposed to accept what criminals do as okay when they do something wrong? I hope you said no. Why then do I have to accept the sinful practices of gays? 
What the LGBT people are saying online is equivalent to this:
 "I commit fraud on people's bank accounts. I can't help it. You should accept my thieving ways, and if you don't, you're not a true Christian." 
This is why I am not in the entertainment or art industry. I would have to please everyone at the expense of my morals, or lose my job. God has kept me out of this to protect my soul.
I'm glad I have a job where it doesn't matter what people think of me.

No comments: