Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Today's Violence

 https://youtu.be/b3cqhNJkmIs

I was thinking about this clip from the OA when I saw the news today. I considered posting it to Facebook, but decided it in poor taste for anything. I figured I'd be in Facebook jail again.

Now that I think about it further, I often use humor to insulate myself from things that make me sad. It almost got me beat up in highschool, some kid died and I made a joke about it.

Anyway, I realize I should actually allow myself to feel and stop trying to laugh things off like that.

But then I wondered, what would happen if teachers and students really responded to school violence with freakish dance routines. It certainly would distract the shooter. Maybe allow them to become disarmed? Guess it didn't work out so well for the hero of the show, however.



No comments: