Sunday, May 15, 2022

Mental photo albums

 I wrote a story where a character gets questioned about emotional stamp collecting. If you don't know what that is, look it up, it's in every psychological journal, though it's probably fallen into disuse because nobody cashes Green Stamps to buy a sewing machine anymore.

Anyway, it got me thinking about what I was treasuring in my heart. Some people fill their memory albums full of hurt or hate, or how others have wronged them. I have to be careful to not keep that sort of stamp collection.

Some people have albums that are basically playboy in some fashion or another. That is another thing I must avoid.

I know a woman who treasures her maladies. I hope I never do that, but there but by the grace of God go I.

How can I keep a good mental scrapbook? That is the difficult question.

No comments: