Saturday, April 16, 2022

Conformity for profit

 I'm human, so I get jealous of other people's fame. That being said, after watching the Dumbledore movie, I'm glad I'm not famous. Anymore, if you want a popular entertainment product, it's got to appease the LGBT community. Since nobody has signed me on a movie or book contact, I don't have to choose between earning an income and pleasing God.  Only people in entertainment have to bend over backwards and compromise their faith to earn a profit. In other careers, people don't care who you are, or what your morals are. Only in the media do people say that you hurt their feelings when you said immoral things are immoral, because you're on TV being heard.

I seriously read a post from someone on Facebook that said that their feelings were hurt by what someone said on their television.  And I thought I was crazy.

Americans are so self centered that they actually think the people on the television are talking to them, and know who they are speaking to. Those celebrities don't know you from Adam. 

It's a symptom of a greater problem. A coworker of mine was absolutely convinced that our manager was speaking to her directly when she gave a speech about how our performance needs to improve. She took it personally when it was really about the company as a whole. Americans are quickly forgetting the distinction. 

No comments: