Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Overland Park UFO

It's local to my area, and better than the other local "paranormal stories" I've read, so I'll post it here.
From evidence@ufosoveramerica.com, Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Title "Daylight Sighting."
"It was 1980-81 I can't remember exactly but it was mid summer, mid day with a cloudless sky. My wife and I had just stopped at a dairy store in the middle of Overland Park, a suburb of Kansas City, Ks. I was parked facing West when I noticed an object heading North at about the speed of a small
plane. It was long and slender and as it traveled North it seemed to also be rotating because one side was reflective and the other was flat black.
My wife came out of the store and I pointed it out to her and she said to follow it. We headed North on the nearest street and kept it in sight for about 15 blocks when the object slowed to a stop. By this time it's angle and mine had brought us closer together. If you hold a ballpoint pen at arms length half of that would be size of the object from our position. We had pulled into a grade school lot to keep an eye on as it stayed in one spot for about 3 minutes. I mentioned before it was rotating and it
continued to do so as it held it's place like a helicopter. It was like a two color pencil rolling slowly on a desk top, silver then black and back again.
As we watched a young guy of about 13 came walking by. I got his attention asked if he could tell me what the thing was. He said he didn't know and kept an eye on it as he walked away. Then the object started moving again but this time to the South-East. We had to drive back South a couple of blocks
to the next E-W road it hidden by the trees. By the time we got to a clearing and the next N-S road it was out of sight. It didn't zoom off with blazing speed but it did move faster than before. When we got home a few minuets later we called Richards- Gabauer Air Force Base in Mo. to report what we saw.
Of coarse their radar never tracked anything odd. Later that night on the local news the weather man said the thing people were seeing earlier was a weather balloon. Well, I know what I saw and it happened just as I have describedit.
Chuck J. - Lawrence, Ks.

No comments: