Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The Egyptology of Sweet Pickles

 I didn't think I would get much out of this theory, but now that I looked up some Egyptian gods, and it wasn't as much of a stretch as I thought.

Jackal: Anubis, Sed, Wepwawet.

Goose: Gengen Wer.

Stork: Thoth, Bennu.

Lion: Pick a name. There are tons of lions.

Hippo: Taweret, Ahti, Ipy.

Rabbit: Unut.

Alligator: Sobek or Khentekhai.

Pig: Set .

Vulture: Tafner, Nekhbet.

Bird characters: Take your pick.

Turtle: Apesh.

Elephant: Heset (he runs a grocery store, and has food in his pocket).

Kangaroo: Trickster Seth.

I have theories for the others, but you have to be a little too creative to say, "Yes, that's what it is."

Also note how the list of characters in the books bear a passing resemblance to the lineup of Egyptian deities you see in some places.




No comments: