Thursday, January 22, 2009

I don't think so.

Many UFO stories involve people describing the number of windows on the spaceship. How would they find the time to do this? How would they remember? Wouldn't they latch on to a more interesting detail instead? I mean, if they were an odd shape, or had decoration, or glowed or something, you'd think that would distract you from counting, wouldn't it? When I look at a hotrod dragster car, I don't count the number of pipes coming out of the engine. I stare at the cool paint job, the style of the car, etc. I might notice if it's a sedan or a coupe, but not as much the windows. I don't count the windows on a cruise liner, and those look weird.
Another paranormal story involves a "witness" noticing that her fingernails were growing at a different rate than she was used to. Who in their right mind monitors the rate their damn fingernails are growing? It would have to be pretty friggin' fast for me to notice!

No comments: