Thursday, December 11, 2008

Writing

I wrote this some time ago:

There's no good reason for me to write anything monumental anymore. It's too hard to get a 120,000 word novel published by a company that actually has visibility and doesn't charge you. So it leaves me with much less to do during my bored moments. I've been stuck on one novel and doing different iterations on it, but now that publication seems more and more distant, and that my current epilogue is full of flat characters and thin plots, my interest in it is decreasing rapidly. Furthermore, I have no real motivation to write another novel, considering the brick wall I've encountered. Maybe I really don't have a knack for words. I find editing a novel more than 500 times tedious, painful and unnecessary. But publishers want that.

No comments: